Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Loose memories - Did You Know What You Wanted To Be At 11?





1969-72... those year to remember

 BIT 1.  Have a look at these pictures of a time in North Florida (1972)


Describe them to your partner.

source: Photographer Bill Yates spent the better part of a year documenting young roller skaters in Florida. The images are collected in a new book, "Sweetheart Roller Skating Rink," by Fall Line Press.



 BIT 2.  When I grow up I'll be a... 
  • How many of you foresaw marriage on the horizon?
  • Who mentioned divorce?  co-habitation?....

By Sue MitchellBBC
Children dressed up as  a builder, nurse, fireman etc
Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up ­ and have you achieved it? A study run over the past 50 years has tested what helps childhood aspirations become reality. 
In this survey in the UK at the end of the 1960's ...could you guess who were more proned to the idea of  having children, boys or girls?
  1. I wanted to be a dentist from about 11 years old. I'm currently sitting in my surgery waiting for my next patient 16 years later. Rhys, Wales 
  2. I always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. I'm writing this from my PGCE course (The Postgraduate Certificate in Education). Guess dreams can come true. Becky, London, UK 
  3. I had an ambition ­ to be a flute­playing, ballet­dancing nun. I learnt ballet and the flute, so two out of three wasn't bad. Jane Gordon Clark, Guildford, UK
  4. I wanted to be an air hostess. That dream died when I grew no taller than 5ft. Such is life I suppose. - Emma J, Aldershot UK 




 BIT 3.   Loose women debate - 
       Did You Know What You Wanted To Be At 11?
 Loose Women is a British panel show that has been broadcast on ITV since 6 September 1999. 

Loose panelists:   
Andrea McLean, Coleen Nolan, Beverley Knight & Jane McDonald

TASK_1.  Watch this video (05:35) and take notes.




TASK_2.  Ask three questions to your group mates.
(swap questions)

No comments: