Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Penyy enters the Big bang theory series

TASK. Read aloud and 

           prepare 4 full questions in each one of the 9 bits of dialogue.
       
    (groups of three) 

Characters:   Penny, Sheldon, Leonard


Season 1_  initial episode__
_

  The big bang theory


Leonard: New neighbour?Sheldon: Evidently.
Leonard: Significant improvement over the old neighbour.
 Penny: Oh, hi!
Leonard: Hi.
Sheldon: Hi.
Penny: Hi?
Leonard: We don’t mean to interrupt, we live across the hall.
Penny: Oh, that’s nice.
Leonard: Oh… uh… no… we don’t live together… um… we live together but in separate, heterosexual bedrooms.
Penny: Oh, okay, well, guess I’m your new neighbour, Penny.
Leonard: Leonard, Sheldon.
Penny: Hi.
Leonard: Hi. Well, uh, oh, welcome to the building.
Penny: Thankyou, maybe we can have coffee sometime.
Leonard: Oh, great.
Penny: Great.
Sheldon: Great.
Leonard: Great. Well, bye.
     ===1
Leonard: Should we have invited her for lunch?Sheldon: No.
Leonard: I think we should be good neighbours, invite her over, make her feel welcome.
Leonard: I’m going to invite her over. We’ll have a nice meal and chat.
Sheldon: Chat? We don’t chat. At least not offline.
Leonard: Well it’s not difficult.
Sheldon: To what end?
 
     ===2
Leonard: Hi. Again.
Penny: Hi.
Leonard: Anyway, um. We brought home Indian food. And, um. I know that moving can be stressful, and I find that ... that good food and company can have a comforting effect.
  
     ===3
 Penny: Oh, you’re inviting me over to eat?Leonard: Uh, yes.
Penny: Oh, that’s so nice, I’d love to.
Leonard: Great.
Scene: Sheldon and Leonard’s apartment.
 
     ===4
Penny: So, what do you guys do for fun around here?Leonard: Okay, well, make yourself at home.
Penny: Okay, thankyou.
Leonard: You’re very welcome.
Penny: This looks like some serious stuff, Leonard, did you do this? (pointing at a white board)Sheldon: Actually that’s my work.
Penny: Wow.
Sheldon: Yeah, well, it’s just some quantum mechanics.
Penny: So you’re like, one of those, beautiful mind genius guys.
Sheldon: Yeah.
Penny: This is really impressive.
Leonard: I have a board. If you like boards, this is my board.
Penny: Holy smokes.
 
     ===5
Penny: Uh, do you guys mind if I start?Sheldon: Um, Penny, that’s where I sit.
Penny: So, sit next to me.
Sheldon: No, I sit there.
Penny: What’s the difference?Sheldon: What’s the difference?Penny: Do you want me to move?Sheldon: Well.
Leonard:  (to him) Just sit somewhere else. (to Penny) Well this is nice. We don’t have a lot of company over.
Sheldon: Tuesday night we played Klingon battles on the net until one in the morning.
Penny: So,  Klingon battles?
Leonard: Yeah. That’s probably enough about us, what can you tell us about you?
 Penny: Um, me, okay, I’m Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.
Sheldon: oh, you participate in thet cultural delusion that the time of your birth affects your personality.
Penny: Participate in the what?Leonard: I think what Sheldon’s trying to say, is that Sagittarius wouldn’t have been our first guess.
Penny: Oh, yeah, a lot of people think I’m a water sign. Okay, let’s see, what else...?, oh, I’m a vegetarian, oh, except for fish, and the occasional steak, I love steak.
Sheldon: That’s interesting. Leonard can’t process corn... can you? (to Leonard)
 
     ===6
Leonard: Wu-uh, do you have some sort of a job?Penny: Oh, yeah, I’m a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory.
Leonard: Oh, okay. I love cheesecake.
Penny: Oh, anyways, I’m also writing a screenplay. It’s about this sensitive girl who comes to L.A. from Lincoln Nebraska to be an actress, and ends up a waitress at the Cheesecake Factory.
Leonard: So ... it’s based on your life?Penny: No, I’m from Omaha.
Leonard: Well, if that was a movie I would go see it.
Penny: I know, right? Okay, let’s see, what else? Um, that’s about it. That’s the story of Penny.
Leonard: Well it sounds wonderful.

     ===7 
Penny: It was. Until I fell in love with a jerk.
Sheldon (mouths): What’s happening.
Leonard (mouths back): I don’t know.
Penny: Oh God, you know, four years I lived with him, four years, that’s like as long as High School.
Sheldon: It took you four years to get through High School?
Leonard: Don’t.
Penny: I just, I can’t believe I trusted him.
Leonard: Should I say something? I feel like I should say something.
Sheldon: You? No, you’ll only make it worse.
Penny: You want to know the most pathetic part? Even though I hate his lying, cheating life, I still love him. Is that crazy?
Sheldon: Yes.
Leonard: No, it’s not crazy it’s, uh, uh, it’s a paradox. And paradoxes are part of nature.
 
     ===8
Penny: Oh, I’m so sorry, I’m such a mess, and on top of everything else my stupid shower doesn’t even work.
Leonard: Our shower works.
Penny: Really? Would it be totally weird if I used it?Sheldon: Yes.
Leonard: No.
Sheldon: No?Leonard: No.
Sheldon: No.

  .............

No comments: