Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

From Pronunciation practice to Analysing -Monologue 5 -Colin Mortimer



Here it is ,  this is a short monologue for my English course. We were supposed to learn it and then deliver in class for our pronunciation improvement. See wsheet 805

READY FOR SELF-ASSESSMENT
  1. Focus on conveying the message.  Practice with the the whole monologue (bit after bit). 
  2. Keep in mind hints alike to these: Is it still too slow? // Do I sound too flat?  //                                  Is my rendering of the speech too dull?  Which are the dreadful chunks?
2)  Record yourself at the second and third times and listen to your own recordings keeping in mind the progress you made. Use the Template on the next page to help you.

3. H-W  Written report:  
We also have to add a 12-line report stating  these aspects of your learning:
A) GRADE: difficulty of the  task  +  level success
B) My 6 main  problems with pronunciation 
C) How it was it learnt learnt ( my work on the spoken groups, prominent syllables, good intonation, and contractions...)
  1. LEVEL of satisfaction / success
Finally, I uploaded the file on our  class bank

Sample text you may use guidelines: 
  1. Three-paragraph written account:
  2. A) I started working with ..... (the spoken groups, and prominent syllables, ...) I recorded my first attempt paying attention at ... (good intonation, and contractions...)
  3. B) And also  learnt 60% by heart!  I didn't have problems with ... ( spoken goups....) , though learning ...(  good intonation....) was another issue. Besides I struggled with .........
  4. As it was still too ... (slow....) , Then I need to be .... ( more fluent.....) // I  believe it sounds too flat, so I must highlight the content words and improve linking ...) .
  5. C)  My delivery was too dull in the second passage, thus I will work on intonation (pitch of voice, rhythm).
  6. Finally, I uploaded the file on our  class bank so here is the  link:   ..............................................



TEMPLATE  805 To fill in a REPORT:  

NAME:  ................................................................................ Group: ...... DATE  .../ .......... /  .........

TITLE OF TEXT: ................................................................................
SOURCE: .................................................................................

A) This task was:  GRADED on these two criteria:
1) difficulty of the  task: (very) easy – medium -  (quite) hard  - an uphill struggle
  1. 2) level of success:            (+) good / (+) fair / better than expected /  weak
B.1) these are 6  problems with pronunciation which I felt i succeeded (quote from text):
   1   .........................................  2 ................................................ 
   3   .........................................  4 ................................................ 
   5   .........................................  6 ................................................ 

B.2) My 4  unsuccessful trouble with pronunciation were these (quote from text):
   1   .........................................  2 ................................................ 
   3   .........................................  4 ................................................ 

  1. How it was it learnt learnt:
..................
..................
..................
    ..................
     ..................
..................

..................

No comments: