Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2018

REvolting Rhymes -Roald Dahl



The spectacular Roald Dahl  shares one of his shorter nursery rhymes. 
For those of you who haven't heard of Revolting Rhymes, its basically Dahl's take on classic fairy tales. For example, Snow White is a gambler, Goldilocks is a thief and Little Red Riding Hood is a hunter. 





My favourite :

 YOUtube story about Red Riding Hood.

outset

As soon as the wolf began to feel
That he would like a decent meal
He went and 1-………………. on Grandma's door
When Grandma opened it, she saw
The 2-……………….  white teeth, the horrid grin
And Wolfie said, "May I come in?"
Poor Grandma was terrified,
"He's going to eat me up," she cried.
And she was absolutely right.
He ate her up in one big 3-……………….
But Grandma was small and 4-……………….
And Wolfie wailed, "That's not enough!
"I haven't yet begun to feel
"That I have had a decent meal!"
He ran around the kitchen yelping,
"I've got to have another 5-……………….!"
Then added with a 6-………………. leer,
"I'm therefore going to wait right here
"Till Little Miss Red Riding Hood
"Comes home from walking in the wood"
He quickly put on Grandma's clothes.
(He hadn't eaten those.)
He dressed himself in coat and hat.
He put on shoes and after that
He even brushed and 7-………………. his hair,
Then sat himself in Grandma's chair. 


body

In came the little girl in red.
She stopped. She 1-……………….. And then she said,
"What great big ears you have, Grandma."
"All the better to hear you with" the Wolf replied.
"What great big eyes you have, Grandma"
said Little Red Riding Hood.
"All the better to see you 2-………………. " the Wolf replied.
He sat there watching her and smiled.
He thought, I'm going to eat this child.
Compared to her old Grandmamma
She's going to taste like 3-……………….
Then Little Red Riding Hood said, "But Grandma,
what a lovely great big 4-
………………. coat you have on."
"That's wrong!" cried Wolf. "Have you forgot
"To tell me what BIG TEETH I've got?"
"Ah well, no matter what you say,
"I'm going to eat you anyway."

epilogue
The small girl smiles. One 1-………………. 2-……………….
She 3-………………. a pistol from her 4-……………….
She aims it at the 5-………………. head
And bang bang bang, she shoots him dead.
A few weeks, later in the wood
I came across Miss Riding Hood.
But what a change! No 6-………………. of red,
No silly hood upon her head.
She said, "Hello, and do please note
"My lovely furry  7-………………. 8-………………."




TEXT__________As soon as the wolf began to feelThat he would like a decent mealHe went and knocked on Grandma's door.When Grandma opened it, she sawThe sharp white teeth, the horrid grinAnd Wolfie said, "May I come in?"Poor Grandma was terrified,"He's going to eat me up," she cried.And she was absolutely right.He ate her up in one big bite.But Grandma was small and toughAnd Wolfie wailed, "That's not enough!"I haven't yet begun to feel "That I have had a decent meal!"
He ran around the kitchen yelping,"I've got to have another helping!".Then added with a frightful leer,"I'm therefore going to wait right hereTill Little Miss Red Riding HoodComes home from walking in the wood"He quickly put on Grandma's clothes.(He hadn't eaten those.)
He dressed himself in coat and hat.He put on shoes and after that

He even brushed and curled his hair,Then sat himself in Grandma's chair. In came the little girl in red.She stopped. She stared. And then she said,"What great big ears you have, Grandma.""All the better to hear you with" the Wolf replied."What great big eyes you have, Grandmasaid Little Red Riding Hood."All the better to see you with" the Wolf replied.
He sat there watching her and smiled.He thought, I'm going to eat this child. Compared to her old GrandmammaShe's going to taste like caviareThen Little Red Riding Hood said, "But Grandma, what a lovely great big furry coat you have on.""That's wrong!" cried Wolf. "Have you forgot"To tell me what BIG TEETH I've got?""Ah well, no matter what you say,"I'm going to eat you anyway."
The small girl smiles. One eyelid flickers.She whips a pistol from her knickers.She aims it at the creature's headAnd bang bang bang, she shoots him dead. A few weeks, later in the wood came across Miss Riding Hood.But what a change! No cloak of red,No silly hood upon her head.he said, "Hello, and do please note"My lovely furry WOLFSKIN COAT."

No comments: