Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

multinationals brands Cereals




brands sutherland video




Multinationals: Help or Hindrance?
http://esl.about.com/od/conversationlessonplans/a/debate1.htm

You are going to debate the pros and cons of international multi nation corporations. It is important to remember that you have been placed in your group based on what seems to be the opposite of what you really think. Use the clues and ideas below to help you create an arguement for your appointed point of view with your team members. Below you will find phrases and language helpful in expressing opinions, offering explanations and disagreeing.

Opinions, Preferences:

I think..., In my opinion..., I'd like to..., I'd rather..., I'd prefer..., The way I see it..., As far as I'm concerned..., If it were up to me..., I suppose..., I suspect that..., I'm pretty sure that..., It is fairly certain that..., I'm convinced that..., I honestly feel that, I strongly believe that..., Without a doubt,...,

Disagreeing:

I don't think that..., Don't you think it would be better..., I don't agree, I'd prefer..., Shouldn't we consider..., But what about..., I'm afraid I don't agree..., Frankly, I doubt if..., Let's face it, The truth of the matter is..., The problem with your point of view is that...

Giving Reasons and offering explanations: To start with, The reason why..., That's why..., For this reason..., That's the reason why..., Many people think...., Considering..., Allowing for the fact that..., When you consider that... For Multinationals

* Offers employment to local workers
* Promotes peace internationally
* Creates sense of community crossing international borders
* Allows entire world to improve standard of living
* Gives access to quality products regardless of location
* Promotes economic stability
* Raises standard of living for regions involved in production
* Gives local economies new economic opportunities
* Fact of life which needs to be accepted
* Reflects global economy

Against Multinationals

* Ruins local economies
* Depletes local work forces by drawing to metro centres
* Stifles cultural growth and expansion on local level
* Provides little help with problems which are local in nature
* Creates cultural homogenization
* Too big, little interest in the individual
* Gives political power to outside interests
* Creates economic unstability by being subject to the whims of the global economy
* Replaces traditional values with materialistic values
* Makes local economies subject to mass layoffs


--
They lived und laughed ant loved end left.
Joyce

No comments: